[bioontology-support] mapping service

Madani,Sina

Hi Paul,

I have another quick question for you :)  Do you know which table stores the mapping that user can define in UI for a specific term between two terminologies like the one shown below?

Is this mapping accessible through service calls?

Thanks as always for your great help

Sina

Re: [bioontology-support] mapping service

Paul R Alexander
Sina,

On your version of the NCBO Appliance there is a prototype mapping service, but it isn't great when dealing with a large number of mappings. See the documentation [1] for examples, and you can replace bioportal.bioontology.org with your machine's domain. We've recently implemented a more comprehensive mapping solution but it hasn't been integrated with the Appliance.

Mapping data is stored in the bioportal_ui database in a table called 'mappings'. The column definitions are pretty obvious if you take a look.

Paul

[1] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services#Mapping_Service

On 4/5/11 12:02 PM, Madani,Sina wrote:

Hi Paul,

I have another quick question for you :)  Do you know which table stores the mapping that user can define in UI for a specific term between two terminologies like the one shown below?

Is this mapping accessible through service calls?

Thanks as always for your great help

Sina

Re: [bioontology-support] mapping service

Madani,Sina

Thanks for the fast response!

Is your new comprehensive mapping solution based on the new LexEVS 6.0/6.1 or is it something specific to your appliance? Do you have any plan for upgrading the appliance with the new version of LexEVS?

I think the new LexEVS provides inter-terminology mapping services as well.

Sina

Re: [bioontology-support] mapping service

Paul R Alexander
It's not based on LexEVS as we created a solution specific to NCBO using a triplestore as the back-end mechanism.

I'm not sure of the plans for using LexEVS version 6, perhaps someone else on the support list could address that question.

Paul

On 4/5/11 12:20 PM, Madani,Sina wrote:

Thanks for the fast response!

Is your new comprehensive mapping solution based on the new LexEVS 6.0/6.1 or is it something specific to your appliance? Do you have any plan for upgrading the appliance with the new version of LexEVS?

I think the new LexEVS provides inter-terminology mapping services as well.

Sina

Re: [bioontology-support] mapping service

Ray Fergerson

Sina,

Eventually we will upgrade the LexEVS instance in BioPortal to 6. Our collaborators at Mayo will drive this conversion. We are simply holding off for the moment to let others get the kinks out. This is not a reflection on  LexEVS 6.x, just a general reticence to be among the early adopters of a major software upgrade unless there is an overriding reason.

Our long term plans are to replace all of our backend storage with a triple-store. This heart transplant is still some time off though.

Ray

Re: [bioontology-support] mapping service

Madani,Sina

Thank you Ray