[bioontology-support] batch annotation extraction?

[bioontology-support] batch annotation extraction?

Christopher F. Beaulieu
Hi,

I have a need to try to match several very large lists of terms/short phrases with standardized annotations from the radiology RadLex ontology.

I can see how someone with programming expertise can work this out through the API or other resources on GitHub.   But what I wonder is if there is already an application
someone created out there for a similar task. Sorry but I am naive about programming but thought I’d check before enlisting a developer.

Ideally I’d like to provide a list and the return would be any matching RadLex terms with their RadLex ID’s as well.

thanks for any guidance,

Chris

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Christopher F. Beaulieu MD, PhD
Professor of Radiology
Associate Chair of Education
Stanford University Medical Center
300 Pasteur Dr., S-056
Stanford, CA  94305
[hidden email]
650-725-8018 (voice)
650-725-7296 (fax)

p.s. example list attached (the numbers are irrelevant)

CHCO_iris diagnosis list copy test.txt (89K) Download Attachment

Re: [bioontology-support] batch annotation extraction?

John Graybeal-2
Hi Chris,

I will contact you off-thread to answer this question, since you're 'right next door' (metaphorically speaking).

I do not know of any existing tool that is exactly what you want, but I know we or others have written a script a few times to do what you want. (Depending on scope, the easiest thing might be to just manually run a command or use the UI.)

John

On Aug 4, 2020, at 2:09 PM, Christopher F. Beaulieu <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thank you John.

There are thousands of entries so automation would be key.

Chris

On Aug 4, 2020, at 4:51 PM, John Graybeal <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I don't know what limits it has, but OntoMaton may be just the ticket. See https://github.com/ISA-tools/OntoMaton and the paper at https://academic.oup.com/bioinformatics/article/29/4/525/198710 for details.

Other possibilities are RightField, and Table2Annotation. I found these by searching for "display bioportal annotator results in excel", but I'm sorry that I don't have experience with them 'in the wild'. Others on the list may be able to provide insight.

John