[bioontology-support] Using Bioontology

Nathan Parikh

Hi Bioontology Support,

My name is Nathan Parikh, and I was wondering if I could receive some guidance regarding using CPT codes.

Specifically, I am interested in searching by CPT code, extracting some items (ex: preferred name, synonyms, altLabel,etc), and finding content related to the search term through a search API. Please let me know how I can go about this process. I am new to ontologies.

Thank you,

Nathan Parikh

Summer Analyst: Alyvant, Inc.

320 W 37th St, 13th Floor

New York, NY 10018

[hidden email]

cid:image002.png@01D3EB7A.C302E280

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This e-mail message (including all attachments) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail, and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: [bioontology-support] Using Bioontology

Michael Dorf
Hi Nathan,

Thank you for contacting us with your request. The following call to our search API should give you all info on a specific CPT code:

I am not sure I understand your second question regarding the “content related to the search term”.  A few possible pointers here:

1. Once you extracted info on a specific CPT code, you can then use our Search service to further drill down on terms in CPT and/or other ontologies with the identical (or similar) prefLabel (or other properties retrieved in the initial call). Using the above CPT term “Follow-up or Other Outcomes” (1014549), you can execute the following call:

2. You can use our Annotator service to find terms annotated with the same prefLabel:

3. You can use our Mapping service to find terms mapped to the original CPT term:

This particular term doesn’t appear to have any mappings, but I hope you get the idea.

Hope this helps. If you require anything additional, feel free to write back with more specifics.

Thank you,

Michael

On Jul 16, 2019, at 10:54 AM, Nathan Parikh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Bioontology Support,

My name is Nathan Parikh, and I was wondering if I could receive some guidance regarding using CPT codes.

Specifically, I am interested in searching by CPT code, extracting some items (ex: preferred name, synonyms, altLabel,etc), and finding content related to the search term through a search API. Please let me know how I can go about this process. I am new to ontologies.

Thank you,

Nathan Parikh
Summer Analyst: Alyvant, Inc.
320 W 37th St, 13th Floor