[bioontology-support] Sorting object property values

[bioontology-support] Sorting object property values

Madani, Sina

Hi,

It seems the values of object properties are sorted randomly (not even by their URIs) in our local instance of OntoPortal (first screenshot below).

Those values are sorted alphabetically in our ontology editing environment (second screenshot)

Is there a way to enforce such sorting in OntoPortal?

Thanks!

Sina

Re: [bioontology-support] Sorting object property values

Michael Dorf
Hi Sina,

Thank you for your report. Yes indeed, it does seem a bit random, especially for classes with a huge number of properties, such as this one:

This may not be a trivial issue to resolve, as the rest service, which the UI uses to retrieve the values for properties only contains the URIs:

The UI then uses AJAX based calls to gradually resolve all corresponding labels for these terms. In any case, I’ve created an issue to be tracked here:

Feel free to add any details there you deem relevant.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Dorf
Chief Software Architect
The National Center for Biomedical Ontology
Stanford Biomedical Informatics Research
[hidden email]
O: 650-723-0357
M: 650-995-4374

On Feb 4, 2020, at 5:43 AM, Madani, Sina <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

It seems the values of object properties are sorted randomly (not even by their URIs) in our local instance of OntoPortal (first screenshot below).
Those values are sorted alphabetically in our ontology editing environment (second screenshot)
Is there a way to enforce such sorting in OntoPortal?

Thanks!
Sina

<image001.png>
<image002.png>