[bioontology-support] Relationships Between Terms in BioPortal

[bioontology-support] Relationships Between Terms in BioPortal

Miller, Sierra D. (Fed)

Hello,

I am trying to flesh out our ontology (NIST_GEL) a bit more by adding relationship entries. I’m new to this work so I’m not sure how this works or if BioPortal even supports this type of mapping but I am attaching the view of my Protégé build where it shows the relationship entry of one of the terms. I did this for a few terms and then uploaded this file to our BioPortal listing as a test to see if we could link terms. I uploaded this yesterday afternoon and I’m not seeing anything in BioPortal mentioning the relationship entry. Is this something that is observable?

_______

Sierra D. Miller

Bioinformatician

Biomarker and Genomic Sciences Group

Biosystems and Biomaterials Division

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 9.54.33 AM.png (214K) Download Attachment

Re: [bioontology-support] Relationships Between Terms in BioPortal

John Graybeal-2
Hello Sierra,

WIth apologies for the long delay, I am now seeing the notes and definition from this term. Please let me know if you still have problems with this process.

John

On Feb 12, 2021, at 6:57 AM, Miller, Sierra D. (Fed) <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi John,

No worries! As far as the relationship terms I was speaking about – I’m  including a screenshot of what is setup in Protégé where I built this controlled vocab. I have a ‘relationship’ entry “isTechniqueOf” boxed in red. I’m also including a screenshot of this term in BioPortal. I’ve been looking at other ontologies in BioPortal and have noticed I don’t see other relationship type terms so this may not be something you support. It’s not a big deal but I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something I was doing incorrectly since I’m new to this space.

_______

From: John Graybeal <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 3:22 PM
To: Miller, Sierra D. (Fed) <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>, Maragh, Samantha D. (Fed) <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [bioontology-support] Relationships Between Terms in BioPortal

[...]

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 5.20.28 PM.png (533K) Download Attachment
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 5.22.04 PM.png (371K) Download Attachment