[bioontology-support] Question regarding MedDRA hierarchy viewing

[bioontology-support] Question regarding MedDRA hierarchy viewing

Lisa Hopcroft

Hello,

I used to be able to view a MedDRA preferred term in the context of the MedDRA hierarchy, and therefore be able to map the preferred term to an System of Classification (SoC) term.  This seems to have been removed from the website, is this accidental or has this functionality purposefully been removed?

Thank you,

Lisa

Lisa Hopcroft

Principal Information Analyst / Clinical Trials Statistician

Public Health Scotland

Phone: 0141 282 2119

E-mail: [hidden email]

Please note my new email address.

Teams-20x20 Chat with me on teams

email-sig

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email is intended for the named recipient only. If you have received it by mistake,
please (i) contact the sender by email reply; (ii) delete the email from your system; .
and (iii) do not copy the email or disclose its contents to anyone.

Re: [bioontology-support] Question regarding MedDRA hierarchy viewing

John Graybeal-2
Hello Lisa,

With the most recent version of MedDRA published through UMLS, our software has been unable to successfully traverse the hierarchy of the terms to arrive at the root terms. We have been unable to determine whether this is a software issue on our end, or a problem in the UMLS distribution, and so we were forced to remove the navigation tree from our system.

You can view and comment on the support ticket we are maintaining on this topic at https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/202; we appreciate receiving any observations from the community in this ticket.

John

On Feb 22, 2021, at 8:03 AM, Lisa Hopcroft <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I used to be able to view a MedDRA preferred term in the context of the MedDRA hierarchy, and therefore be able to map the preferred term to an System of Classification (SoC) term.  This seems to have been removed from the website, is this accidental or has this functionality purposefully been removed?

Thank you,
Lisa

Lisa Hopcroft

Principal Information Analyst / Clinical Trials Statistician
Public Health Scotland

Phone: 0141 282 2119
E-mail: [hidden email]
Please note my new email address.