[bioontology-support] Query for exact match returns other results?

[bioontology-support] Query for exact match returns other results?

John Zobolas

Hi,

I am using this kind of query to get all the entries that have a common ID in all ontologies:

http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.obolibrary.org%2Fobo%2FBFO_0000040&require_exact_match=true&pagesize=150&display_context=false

And I remember that this kind of query used to return only entries with that specific ID - now it seems it returns a whole other bunch of results! Is that a bug or something else that I am missing here?

BR, John.

-----------------

John Zobolas
PhD Student
Department of Biology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, NTNU
Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, NTNU

Re: [bioontology-support] Query for exact match returns other results?

Michael Dorf
Hi John,

Good catch, and thank you for reporting this. We have discovered this new bug in our system just last week, and it’s being tracked here:

The bug has to do with our most recent release, which introduced some changes to our search index structure (a more detailed explanation is in the issue tracker). I am currently working on a fix, which should go out with our next production deployment.

If this is any consolation, the most relevant results (that match on the ID) still do appear at the top of the returned list. As a workaround, you can simply discard the rest of the list as soon as you encounter an ID that does not match your query.

Apologies for this.

Michael

On Jul 4, 2019, at 2:04 PM, John Zobolas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I am using this kind of query to get all the entries that have a common ID in all ontologies:

And I remember that this kind of query used to return only entries with that specific ID - now it seems it returns a whole other bunch of results! Is that a bug or something else that I am missing here?

BR, John.

Re: [bioontology-support] Query for exact match returns other results?

John Zobolas

​No apologies needed, MIchael! I am watching the issue, hopefully it will be fixed soon!