[bioontology-support] MedDRA

Daniel Hicks
Good afternoon,

My name is Daniel Hicks. I'm the senior research pharmacist with the FORMaT (Finding the Optimal Regime for Mycobacterium Abscesses Treatment) trial. We are using REDcap (MCRI) for our database with MedDRA terms in some fields and I was wondering if someone could tell me what versions of MedDRA correlate with the different versions outlined on your website. Eg 2020AB, 2020AA.

We are planning on submitting a clinical trial application in Europe and the EUDRACT form asks for the version of MedDRA. I'm assuming that the last update 2020AB would correlate with the 23.1 version of MedDRA but just wanted to confirm.

Thank you for your help.

Dan

Daniel Hicks
Senior Research Pharmacist

Centre For Children's Health Research
Queensland Children’s Hospital Precinct
62 Graham St South Brisbane QLD 4101
Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service

T: 07 3069 7622
W: www.childrens.health.qld.gov.au

[hidden email]

Children's Health Queensland

cid:image007.gif@01D1FC85.A56080B0

Children's Health Queensland acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land,
and pays respect to Elders past, present and future.

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information and may be protected by copyright. You must not use or disclose them other than for the purposes for which they were supplied. The privilege or confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived by reason of mistaken delivery to you. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, retain, forward or reproduce this message or any attachments. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender by return email or telephone and destroy and delete all copies. Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender and not the views of the Queensland Government.

Queensland Health carries out monitoring, scanning and blocking of emails and attachments sent from or to addresses within Queensland Health for the purposes of operating, protecting, maintaining and ensuring appropriate use of its computer network.

Re: [bioontology-support] MedDRA

John Graybeal-2
Hi Daniel,

As our MedDRA representation comes from UMLS, the UMLS site is the best source for the origins of the resources. I browsed to the following links:
to get to a version value of MDR23_0, I expect corresponding to version 23.0.

And following this path
I found 2020AA is MDR22_1.

Hope that helps.

John