[bioontology-support] MedDRA API

Dolzodmaa Davaasuren
Hi,

I was wondering if BioPortal API support MedDRA term search as it was not documented in the API Documentation page. If so, can you help me with that?

Thank you,
Dolzodmaa
The Pennsylvania State University

Re: [bioontology-support] MedDRA API

jvendetti
Hello Dolzodmaa,

Yes, you can use the /search endpoint to search for terms in the MEDDRA ontology. The endpoint accepts an “ontologies” parameter that allows you to narrow the search results to particular ontologies. To follow is an example API call to search for the term “cardiac” in MEDDRA:

The search endpoint is documented here:

… along with the various parameters you can pass.

On Jun 26, 2019, at 9:30 AM, Dolzodmaa Davaasuren <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if BioPortal API support MedDRA term search as it was not documented in the API Documentation page. If so, can you help me with that?

Thank you,
Dolzodmaa
The Pennsylvania State University

Re: [bioontology-support] MedDRA API

jvendetti
Hello Dolzodmaa,

There are instructions for getting an API key on our wiki:

On Jun 26, 2019, at 12:11 PM, Dolzodmaa Davaasuren <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your reply. It's asking me to provide API key. I have my institutional access to MedDRA but I don't have any API key. How do I request an API key?

Best,
Dolzodmaa