[bioontology-support] MED-RT

Samson Tu
Hi,

MED-RT in UMLS is supposed to be a replacement and successor to NDF-RT. Since I use NDF-RT a lot, I am quite pleased that Bioportal finally includes MED-RT. However, instead of a full-featured drug knowledge base/ontology of drug information, MED-RT contains only 127 skeletal classes. What went wrong?

With best regards,
Samson

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [bioontology-support] MED-RT

jvendetti
Hi Samson,

Our Python script that converts UMLS to TTL files didn’t handle MED-RT very well. There’s a ticket GitHub with more details:

Unfortunately we haven’t had the bandwidth to investigate this yet. Apologies that we don’t have a better answer for you.

Jennifer