[bioontology-support] Help with Python code for Bioportal Ontology

[bioontology-support] Help with Python code for Bioportal Ontology

ahmad Al-Tarawneh
Bioportl Ontology Support Team
good greeting,

I am now working on a Python code project through APIKEY Send to bioportal ontology. Send him the keywords for ontology MESH and he returns to me an excel file "csv file" in which it contains the first column is named: keywords and it contains the original keywords or "Keywords in my dataset" and the second column with the name: Parents and in this column Parents These keywords are only in the first level from MESH ontology, the third column is the name of synonyms, the synonyms for these words, and the fourth column is the name Enhanced_Words, which contains the keywords and the parents of these words together.

Can you help me with the python code
Gratefully

Best regards,
Ahmad
Jordan-Amman

Re: [bioontology-support] Help with Python code for Bioportal Ontology

jvendetti
Hello Ahmad,

Apologies - I couldn’t understand from your message exactly what you’re trying to do. I’m not sure if you’re aware that we have some example code on GitHub for working with BioPortal’s REST API? There are some Python example scripts here that might help you get started:

Best,
Jennifer