[bioontology-support] BioPortal mapping data

[bioontology-support] BioPortal mapping data

Erhard Eibl
Dear Sir or Madam,

for a university project I would like to run a clustering algorithm on
the BioPortal mapping data.
As my internet ist fairly slow and unstable using the API to download
all mappings is unfortunately not an option.

Is there a way to directly download the mapping data (preferrably as JSON)?

Thank you in advance
Erhard Eibl

Re: [bioontology-support] BioPortal mapping data

jvendetti
Hello Erhard,

Unfortunately, we don’t offer mappings as file downloads. The mapping data isn’t persisted in our back-end storage mechanism. Rather, the mappings are materialized on the fly in response to REST API calls.

We’ve documented this as a feature request [1] in one of our GitHub repositories. As of yet, we haven’t been able to come up with the resources to have someone work on this. Apologies that I don’t have a better answer for you.