[bioontology-support] BioPortal concept search

[bioontology-support] BioPortal concept search

Charles Kahn

We use the BioPortal search widget to perform term look-up in a variety of vocabularies (RadLex, SNOMED CT, LOINC).  Other than the API, can you share any information about your algorithms for the search?

We keep a locally cached copy of the ontologies, and would like to execute searches locally to reduce lag time.

Thanks very much for your help.

Chuck Kahn

Charles E. Kahn, Jr., MD, MS, FACR

Professor of Radiology

Chief, Division of Informatics

Department of Radiology

Medical College of Wisconsin

9200 W. Wisconsin Ave.

Milwaukee, WI 53226

Tel  +1 (414) 805-2173

Fax +1 (414) 259-9290

Re: [bioontology-support] BioPortal concept search

Trish Whetzel
Administrator
Hi Chuck,

We use Lucene for the Search index, however we have gone through a number of iterations to optimize for performance.

Is this related to ontology access for the RSNA project?

Trish