[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from massimo.mirandola

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from massimo.mirandola

support

Name: massimo.mirandola

Email: [hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2F404

Feedback:

Hi, I tried to select the ICD taxonomies to link them to RedCap , however when I tried to save the list ,the system replied "The page you are looking for wasn't found. Please try again."
I used Safari and Chrome and I got the same error message.
Am I doing something wrong or is it a temporary issue of the system?
Thanks

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from massimo.mirandola

John Graybeal-2
hello Massimo,

I believe you are asking a question about how REDCap operates, which we at BioPortal are unable to answer. I am pretty sure REDCap only handles one ontology at a time, but my knowledge here is not current. I suggest you ask your own RedCap administrator to make sure you are using it as expected.

Otherwise, possibly someone with REDCap experience can reply on this list, or you may wish to contact REDCap support at VUMC ([hidden email]) for support with this issue.

John

On Mar 21, 2021, at 3:30 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Name: massimo.mirandola

[hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2F404

Feedback:

Hi, I tried to select the ICD taxonomies to link them to RedCap , however when I tried to save the list ,the system replied "The page you are looking for wasn't found. Please try again."
I used Safari and Chrome and I got the same error message.
Am I doing something wrong or is it a temporary issue of the system?
Thanks

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from massimo.mirandola

Massimo Mirandola
Dear John,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Let me apologies for not having been clear with my query. I am the admin of our redcap and I managed to link redcap with the BioPortal databases. So there is no problem with redcap.

My query concerns the BioPortal website. I received the message "The page you are looking for wasn't found. Please try again.” from BioPortal when I tried to save my preferred databases.
let me show you with snapshots what I have done on Sunday and just repeated now.
I logged in with my user id and password. After selecting "account setting" I was directed to this page:
I selected the databases of my interest and then I clicked on the save custom ontologies button.

after pushing the button I got this reply again.

I hope that this mail is now clearer than the previous one.
Once again thank you very much.
I am looking forward to haring from you.
best regards
Massimo

On 23 Mar 2021, at 23:57, John Graybeal <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Massimo Mirandola, Ph.D.
Epidemiology Unit - UOC Infectious Diseases,
Verona University Hospital,
Verona, Italy
Piazzale Aristide Stefani, 1 - 37126 Verona
Tel. +390458121063
Visiting Professor,
School of Health Sciences,
University of Brighton

https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=0_5sZzkAAAAJ&hl=en

Il presente messaggio contiene informazioni di natura professionale attinenti all'attività lavorativa.

Inoltre il suo contenuto è riservato e confidenziale e destinato esclusivamente al legittimo destinatario.

Se per errore ricevete questo messaggio o non siete il soggetto destinatario o delegato dal destinatario alla lettura, vi preghiamo di darcene immediatamente notizia e di cancellare tutto il materiale ricevuto.

- Rispetta l'ambiente. Non stampare questa mail se non è necessario -

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from massimo.mirandola

jvendetti
Hello Massimo,

I’m not certain offhand why you’re seeing this message. I created a test account on the production BioPortal website, and followed the steps you describe below. After clicking the “Save Custom Ontologies” button, BioPortal showed a “Custom ontologies were saved” success message, and the customizations are listed on the account settings page for the test account:

One thing you might try would be to clear your browser cache, and retry these steps.

I also logged into our production server and looked at the account with username “massimo.mirandola”. I verified that there are no custom ontologies set for this account. Is this the account you’re using when trying to create a custom ontology set?

On Mar 24, 2021, at 4:31 AM, Massimo Mirandola <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear John,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Let me apologies for not having been clear with my query. I am the admin of our redcap and I managed to link redcap with the BioPortal databases. So there is no problem with redcap.

My query concerns the BioPortal website. I received the message "The page you are looking for wasn't found. Please try again.” from BioPortal when I tried to save my preferred databases.
let me show you with snapshots what I have done on Sunday and just repeated now.
I logged in with my user id and password. After selecting "account setting" I was directed to this page:
<Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 12.15.07.png>
I selected the databases of my interest and then I clicked on the save custom ontologies button.
<Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 12.16.05.png>

after pushing the button I got this reply again.

<Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 12.16.22.png>