[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from dammh

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from dammh

support

Name: dammh

Email: [hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2F

Feedback:

Hello,

we are using the Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities Terminology (MedDRA)
for a Clinical Study. unfortunately the current Version doesnt have COVID as a Term. Is it possible to get the Ontology updated or who would I have to ask about that?

Many thanks and best Regards
Hendrik

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from dammh

jvendetti
Hello Hendrik,

On Jan 5, 2021, at 2:04 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Hello,

we are using the Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities Terminology (MedDRA)
for a Clinical Study. unfortunately the current Version doesnt have COVID as a Term. Is it possible to get the Ontology updated or who would I have to ask about that?

We import MedDRA from the National Library of Medicine’s UMLS Metathesaurus [1]. As of today, we've completed importing release 2020AB of the UMLS, which contains version MDR23_0 of MedDRA [2]. This particular version of MedDRA contains two COVID terms:

“Coronavirus infection”
“Coronavirus test positive”