[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from ShebaRedCap

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from ShebaRedCap

support

Name: ShebaRedCap

Email: [hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2F

We have Redcap server installed in our organization.
We want to enable searching within a biomedical ontology.
We need to enter API token provide by your site.
Can you send me my API token?

Regards,
Yaron
Sheba Medical Center

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from ShebaRedCap

jvendetti
Hello Yaron,

There are instructions for getting a BioPortal API key on our wiki:

On Jun 27, 2019, at 5:58 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Name: ShebaRedCap

[hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2F

We have Redcap server installed in our organization.
We want to enable searching within a biomedical ontology.
We need to enter API token provide by your site.
Can you send me my API token?

Regards,
Yaron
Sheba Medical Center

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from ShebaRedCap

RedCap.Administrator@sheba.health.gov.il

Hi Jennifer.

I tried to insert the key and got an error message:

Regards,

Yaron

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from ShebaRedCap

jvendetti
Hello Yaron,

I assume you are using the account with username “ShebaRedCap”? I looked up this account and associated API key in our system. I issued a CURL command to our REST API to retrieve data for a particular ontology using your API key, e.g.:

curl -H "Authorization: apikey token=your_api_key_here" http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/BRO

(I removed your API key from the example call above for security purposes). The call returned data for me with no issues. I am not seeing a problem on our end with your API key.

One thing you could do on your end to test your API key would be to open a browser window and try using your API key to retrieve data for an ontology. For example, you could enter the following REST call in your browser’s address bar:

You would need to enter your API key at the end of that URL.

On Jun 30, 2019, at 5:32 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi Jennifer.
I tried to insert the key and got an error message:

<image001.jpg>