[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ray Lee

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ray Lee

support

Name: Ray Lee

Email: [hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fontologies

Feedback:

Hello, My name is Ray and I am an user of the Bioportal DB, our team is planning an project of publishing the visualization of how MedDra terms in different level are linked using visualization software/ codes for academia purpose. Was wondering if there will be a licensing or legal problem? I tried the link in the Support > documentation but those did not work at the time I tried to access it.

Thank you,
Ray

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ray Lee

John Graybeal-2
Hello Ray,

I am sorry, but with the most recent version of MedDRA published through UMLS, our software has been unable to successfully traverse the hierarchy of the terms to arrive at the root terms. We have been unable to determine whether this is a software issue on our end, or a problem in the UMLS distribution, and so we were forced to remove the navigation tree from our system.

You can view and comment on the support ticket we are maintaining on this topic at https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/202; we appreciate receiving any observations from the community in this ticket.

John

Name: Ray Lee