[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ning "Sunny" Shang

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ning "Sunny" Shang

support

Name: Ning "Sunny" Shang

Email: [hidden email]

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2F500

Feedback:

I am using BioPortal REST API to query bioPortal, but I got Server returned HTTP request 401 error for URL http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=asthma. Please advise if there is any problem with account (e.g. API key).
My user name is sunnyshang001.
Thank you so much.

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ning "Sunny" Shang

Michael Dorf
Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your email. We’ve had a BioPortal outage this morning, which has now been resolved. Apologies for the interruption. I’ve checked your search query, and it appears to work properly at this point.

Please let us know if you experience any further issues.

Thanks,

Michael

On Jan 15, 2020, at 8:07 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Name: Ning "Sunny" Shang

[hidden email]

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2F500

Feedback:

I am using BioPortal REST API to query bioPortal, but I got Server returned HTTP request 401 error for URL http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=asthma. Please advise if there is any problem with account (e.g. API key).
My user name is sunnyshang001.
Thank you so much.

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ning "Sunny" Shang

Michael Dorf
Hi Sunny,

You can pass a parameter “download_format=rdf” to download the RDF version of an ontology.

Our REST services documentation [1] contains a list of common parameters available in the bulk of our endpoints.

When replying, please use the “Reply All” feature of your email client so that it’s routed to our support list, which is actively monitored by our entire team.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Michael

On Jan 16, 2020, at 8:20 AM, Sunny Shang <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Michael,
Thank you so much for your quick response and fix.
I use BioPortal api to search relevant ontologies and to download them programmatically. However, I only know how to download it as owl file through http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/mesh/download as an example. Can you advise if there is a way to download corresponding rdf file?
Best regards,
Sunny