[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Mateus Frederico de Paula

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Mateus Frederico de Paula

support

Name: Mateus Frederico de Paula

Email: [hidden email]

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fontologies%2FICD10%3Fp%3Dclasses%26conceptid%3Droot

Feedback:

Please, is there a provision for inclusion of ICD10 B34.2 in the ontology (International Classification of Diseases, Version 10)?

Thanks

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Mateus Frederico de Paula

Michael Dorf
Hi Mateus,

Twice per year we do a bulk import of terminologies distributed by the UMLS [1].  (They have a twice per year release schedule, e.g., for this year it will be 2017AA and 2017AB).  ICD-10 is one of the terminologies contained in the UMLS distribution.  So, the version numbers for ICD-10 that you see in BioPortal correspond to UMLS releases, e.g., 2019AB, 2020AA, etc.  In order to determine what version of ICD-10 is contained in a particular UMLS release, you would need to refer to the National Library of Medicine’s documentation.  This page on their website:

Our current version of ICD-10 is from UMLS release 2019AB. We’re only a couple of weeks away from loading the 2020AA release. I am not sure though whether B34.2 (Coronavirus infection) will be included as part of that release. You may want to contact the ICD-10 admins, whose info is listed here:

Thanks,

Michael