[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Mark Ressler at Thermo Fisher Scientific

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Mark Ressler at Thermo Fisher Scientific

support

Name: Mark Ressler at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Email: [hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2F500

Feedback:

I have been trying to access my Account Settings for about a week now, but the site gives an error: "We're sorry but something has gone wrong. We have been notified of this error." Consequently, I cannot retrieve my API Key.

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Mark Ressler at Thermo Fisher Scientific

jvendetti
Apologies that you’re having issues with that page Mark. I looked at your account in our system and don’t see any issues. I also tested accessing the Account Settings page for a few accounts and I’m not seeing the 500 error.

I went ahead and flushed our application caches in the event it’s a caching issue. Could you please try again? If it still doesn’t work, could you try clearing your browser cache for the BioPortal site? I can send instructions if you let me know which browser you’re using.

On Feb 17, 2020, at 8:29 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Name: Mark Ressler at Thermo Fisher Scientific

[hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2F500

Feedback:

I have been trying to access my Account Settings for about a week now, but the site gives an error: "We're sorry but something has gone wrong. We have been notified of this error." Consequently, I cannot retrieve my API Key.

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Mark Ressler at Thermo Fisher Scientific

jvendetti
Hi Mark,

Thanks for letting me know that you have two BioPortal accounts. In my initial response below, I was looking at your account where the account name is your email address. With regard to the other account, I was able to reproduce the 500 error you reported. It turns out there is a bug in our system that prevents users from being able to view the account settings page if the account name has space characters. I documented this in more detail in our issue tracker:

I published a fix to our production system just now, so you should be able to log in using your secondary account that has spaces in the account name and see your API key, etc.