[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from James Beekley

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from James Beekley

support

Name: James Beekley

Email: [hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fontologies%2FICDO

Feedback:

Hi BioPortal team,
My team currently uses the ICD10 ontology but we are interested in logging information using the ICD-O-3 ontology. Are there any plans to build out that extension as an ontology?

Thank you,
James Beekley

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from James Beekley

John Graybeal-2
Hello James, Adrianne, Dazhi,

Thank you for your interest in using the ICD-O-3 ontology. This ontology was published by a user who has made the ontology private (hence not visible to anyone else).

On investigating the ontology to see if we could create a public copy, we are unable to find any indication that the license allows us to publish it in BioPortal ourselves. I found https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/publishing-policies/who-faq-licensing-icd-10.pdf which suggests putting it into BioPortal doesn't fit within the legal scope.  And https://apps.who.int/classifications/apps/icd/ClassificationDownloadNR/license.htm still is for an individual to use, not for republication as BioPortal is doing.

I would be happy to see a license that indicates otherwise, perhaps there is one for those particular resources? Or if you have a contact in WHO who would be able to help us with the licensing arrangements, that would be most helpful. I will pursue contacts on this end as well, in case the people we know are able to authorize this.

John

On Mar 23, 2021, at 2:53 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fontologies%2FICDO

Feedback:

Hi BioPortal team,
My team currently uses the ICD10 ontology but we are interested in logging information using the ICD-O-3 ontology. Are there any plans to build out that extension as an ontology?

Thank you,

On Mar 25, 2021, at 3:05 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2F404%3Fp%3Dclasses%26conceptid%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fbioportal.bioontology.org%252Fontologies%252FICD-O-3-T%252FC18

I use your ontologies through Redcap and now see that the option for ICD-O-3 is no longer there. I use this for cancer morphology and topography data. Is there another choice that has this information that I am not seeing?

Thank you for any help.

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ICD-O-3-T

On Mar 24, 2021, at 7:30 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Feedback:

Hello,

I accessed ICD-O (ICD Oncology) ontologies ICD-O-3-M and ICD-O-3-T a few weeks ago. However, I noticed that they don't exist on biopotal any more (https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ICD-O-3-M or https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ICD-O-3-T) returns a not found page.

Will bioportal continue to provide these two resources?

Thank you!