[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Farid

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Farid

support

Name: Farid

Email: [hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fannotator

Feedback:

Hi. I am looking for a dataset that include list of all diseases, categories, body types, causes and symptoms. Can i get these data from you ?

Best regards
Farid Ismayilzada

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Farid

Michael Dorf
Hi Farid,

Thank you for your inquiry. I am not an ontology expert, but you can look at a few ontologies, such as:

Human Disease Ontology (DOID)

Foundational Model of Anatomy (FMA)

The Clinical Terms Ontology (SNOMEDCT)

Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities Terminology (MedDRA)

If you have a specific text that you need to match against the most relevant ontologies, you can use our Ontology Recommender service:

Based on your text, the Recommender finds ontologies that are best suited for the terms found in that text.

You can also use the Category filter on the Ontologies page to narrow the list down to ontologies you deem the most relevant:

You can access any of these ontologies or tools using our REST API services. The usage instructions can be found here: http://data.bioontology.org/documentation

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Dorf
Chief Software Architect
The National Center for Biomedical Ontology
Stanford Biomedical Informatics Research
[hidden email]
O: 650-723-0357
M: 650-995-4374

Name: Farid