[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Dr. Nitin Ambade

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Dr. Nitin Ambade

support

Name: Dr. Nitin Ambade

Email: [hidden email]

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fontologies%2FNDDF%3Fp%3Dclasses%26conceptid%3D009166

Feedback:

Hello RxNorm team, Bioportal

I represent the clinical team from FIGmd India Pvt. Ltd.
I need access to RxNorm codes (RxCUI) mapped against selected NDC codes.

Do you provide any NDC code and RxNorm codes (RxCUI) mapping in excel file format?
How I can avail that mapping for selected NDC and RxNorm?

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Dr. Nitin Ambade

jvendetti
Hello Dr. Ambade,

If I understood your question correctly, I don’t think BioPortal provides exactly what you’re looking for.

We provide access to the content of the RxNorm terminology via our REST API. If you add “include=properties” to the query string for REST calls, the result sets will include all properties for terms in the terminology, including the RxCUI property that you mention below. For example, the following REST call will retrieve the “Fentanyl Citrate” term from RxNorm with associated RxCUI property value:

However, the result set for a term doesn’t include mappings to NDC codes.

We import RxNorm into BioPortal from the National Library of Medicine’s UMLS [1]. You might try contacting their customer support [2] to see if the data you’re looking for is readily available in Excel.

On Jul 18, 2019, at 3:09 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Name: Dr. Nitin Ambade

[hidden email]

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fontologies%2FNDDF%3Fp%3Dclasses%26conceptid%3D009166

Feedback:

Hello RxNorm team, Bioportal

I represent the clinical team from FIGmd India Pvt. Ltd.
I need access to RxNorm codes (RxCUI) mapped against selected NDC codes.

Do you provide any NDC code and RxNorm codes (RxCUI) mapping in excel file format?
How I can avail that mapping for selected NDC and RxNorm?

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Dr. Nitin Ambade

Nitin Ambade
Thank you, Jennifer, for the response and information.

Thanks and Regards,

Nitin Ambade
CRA
Product

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 1:04 AM Jennifer Leigh Vendetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Please do not include any Protected Health Information (PHI) when responding to this email!

FIGmd does not transmit via email any healthcare information protected by federal and/or state laws unless authorized by the subject patient or under circumstances where patient authorization is not required. If FIGmd receives PHI directly from a subject patient, we consider this to be an authorized distribution of PHI by the subject patient.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message (or any attachment) is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the original sender and delete this message (along with any attachments) from your computer and if possible your server.