[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ciara Rabor

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ciara Rabor

support

Name: Ciara Rabor

Email: [hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fontologies%2FMEDDRA%3Fp%3Dclasses%26conceptid%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fpurl.bioontology.org%252Fontology%252FMEDDRA%252F10043706%26jump_to_nav%3Dtrue

Feedback:

Hi! Your website has always been helpful to me in determining the preferred terms of several medical terms, and identifying its system organ class. However, due to the update, the system organ class seems to not show. Just a question, how will I know the system organ class of the terms I search?

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Ciara Rabor

John Graybeal-2
Hi Clara,

I'm sorry, you may not be able to use BioPortal for this purpose at the moment.

With the most recent version of MedDRA published through UMLS, our software has been unable to successfully traverse the hierarchy of the terms to arrive at the root terms. We have been unable to determine whether this is a software issue on our end, or a problem in the UMLS distribution, and so we were forced to remove the navigation tree from our system.

You can view and comment on the support ticket we are maintaining on this topic at https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/202; we appreciate receiving any observations from the community in this ticket.

John

Name: Ciara Rabor