[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Brian Aevermann

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Brian Aevermann

support

Name: Brian Aevermann

Email: [hidden email]

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fontologies%2FPCL

Feedback:

Hello,
The ontology located at http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/PCL/?p=summary is not displaying the classes properly. A colleague of mine was maintaining it; however he has left my institute. Can I get Read/write permission assigned to me so I can try to fix it?

Thanks!

Brian Aevermann

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Brian Aevermann

jvendetti
Hello Brian,

Yes - I just gave you administrative access to PCL. You may have to refresh your browser to see the edit buttons.

I took a quick look at the parsing log file for the last submission of this ontology and it wasn’t immediately clear to me what the issue was. Were you planning to upload a new version? If so, I’ll hold off on further investigation. If not, let me know, as we’ll need to troubleshoot the current version in BioPortal.

On Jul 18, 2019, at 12:12 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Name: Brian Aevermann

[hidden email]

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fontologies%2FPCL

Feedback:

Hello,
The ontology located at http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/PCL/?p=summary is not displaying the classes properly. A colleague of mine was maintaining it; however he has left my institute. Can I get Read/write permission assigned to me so I can try to fix it?

Thanks!

Brian Aevermann

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Brian Aevermann

Aevermann, Brian

Jennifer,

Much appreciated! I will hold off for the moment as we are deliberating on the content of our next update. If you could please take a look at the current version and investigate why the classes are no longer displaying (they were displaying previously), it would be a big help to us.

Thanks again!!

Brian Aevermann

—

Brian Aevermann

Bioinformatics Analyst

J. Craig Venter Institute

4120 Capricorn Lane

La Jolla, CA 92037

858-200-1873

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Brian Aevermann

jvendetti
Hi Brian,

I think the problem may have been a corrupt value in our cache that stores the root classes. I reprocessed the latest submission of PCL and flushed our application caches. The class tree is now displaying without issue in BioPortal. Feel free to contact us again if you see any further issues.

On Jul 18, 2019, at 12:51 PM, Aevermann, Brian <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jennifer,

Much appreciated! I will hold off for the moment as we are deliberating on the content of our next update. If you could please take a look at the current version and investigate why the classes are no longer displaying (they were displaying previously), it would be a big help to us.

Thanks again!!

Brian Aevermann

—
Brian Aevermann
Bioinformatics Analyst
J. Craig Venter Institute
4120 Capricorn Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
858-200-1873

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Brian Aevermann

Scheuermann, Richard

Thanks Jennifer.  That seems to have resolved the problem!

Richard H. Scheuermann, Ph.D.

Director, La Jolla Campus

J. Craig Venter Institute

4120 Capricorn Ln.

La Jolla, CA 92037

www.jcvi.org

[hidden email]

858-200-1876

From: Jennifer Leigh Vendetti <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 1:20 PM
To: "Aevermann, Brian" <[hidden email]>
Cc: NCBO User Support <[hidden email]>, "Richard H. Scheuermann" <[hidden email]>

cid:D6D32873-4BA4-4DE1-9F60-6FBC7CE7061A@stanford.edu

On Jul 18, 2019, at 12:51 PM, Aevermann, Brian <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jennifer,

Much appreciated! I will hold off for the moment as we are deliberating on the content of our next update. If you could please take a look at the current version and investigate why the classes are no longer displaying (they were displaying previously), it would be a big help to us.

Thanks again!!

Brian Aevermann

—

Brian Aevermann

Bioinformatics Analyst

J. Craig Venter Institute

4120 Capricorn Lane

La Jolla, CA 92037

858-200-1873

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Brian Aevermann

Scheuermann, Richard

While we are at it, could I have read/write privileges as well?

Richard H. Scheuermann, Ph.D.

Director, La Jolla Campus

J. Craig Venter Institute

4120 Capricorn Ln.

La Jolla, CA 92037

www.jcvi.org

[hidden email]

858-200-1876

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Brian Aevermann

jvendetti
Hi Richard,

Sure, no problem. You’ll need to let us know your BioPortal account name or email address that you used to set up an account. I searched our backend for a user object associated with your jcvi.org email address, but couldn’t find anything. If you haven’t signed up for an account yet, you can do so here:

On Jul 18, 2019, at 1:30 PM, Scheuermann, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

While we are at it, could I have read/write privileges as well?

Richard H. Scheuermann, Ph.D.
Director, La Jolla Campus
J. Craig Venter Institute
4120 Capricorn Ln.
La Jolla, CA 92037

858-200-1876

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Brian Aevermann

Scheuermann, Richard

Jennifer,

I just updated my BioPortal profile with my current jcvi email address.  My username is:  scheuerm.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard H. Scheuermann, Ph.D.

Director, La Jolla Campus

J. Craig Venter Institute

4120 Capricorn Ln.

La Jolla, CA 92037

www.jcvi.org

[hidden email]

858-200-1876

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Brian Aevermann

Scheuermann, Richard

Looks good Jennifer.  But I couldn’t figure out how to edit the “Contact” info on the Summary tab.

Richard

Richard H. Scheuermann, Ph.D.

Director, La Jolla Campus

J. Craig Venter Institute