[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Antoine Giraud

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Antoine Giraud

support

Name: Antoine Giraud

Email: [hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fontologies%2FNCIT%3Fp%3Dclasses%26conceptid%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fncicb.nci.nih.gov%252Fxml%252Fowl%252FEVS%252FThesaurus.owl%2523C168654

Feedback:

Hello,

In the context of a clinical trial, I use the REDCap software which allows me to use bioportal ontologies.

During the creation of the study (february 2020) I collected the variable "ICD-O -3 morphology code" which corresponded to the bioportal ontology ICD-0-3-M

This variable does not work anymore and I cannot find this ontology in the list proposed by REDCap. Does this ontology no longer exist? Has it been renamed?

There is an ontology called ICDO but I don't know if it is exactly the same?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Antoine Giraud

jvendetti
Hello Antoine,

On Apr 7, 2021, at 7:14 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

In the context of a clinical trial, I use the REDCap software which allows me to use bioportal ontologies.

During the creation of the study (february 2020) I collected the variable "ICD-O -3 morphology code" which corresponded to the bioportal ontology ICD-0-3-M

This variable does not work anymore and I cannot find this ontology in the list proposed by REDCap. Does this ontology no longer exist? Has it been renamed?

As mentioned in a previous post, this ontology was made private by the ontology owner:

I’m not an expert on the ICD-O morphology and topography classifications. It appears from their website:

… that these classifications are available in CSV format, which is not a format that BioPortal ingests.

There is an ontology called ICDO but I don't know if it is exactly the same?

No, I don’t believe that this is the same ontology.