[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Anna Jaeger

[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Anna Jaeger

support

Name: Anna Jaeger

Email: [hidden email]

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Ffeedback%3Flocation%3Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fbioportal.bioontology.org%25252Fontologies%25252FMEDDRA%25253Fp%25253Dsummary

Feedback:

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am wondering about the current version of MedDRA submission (from September 2020). Are you currently really uploaded the version 2020AA which was released in 2018 (05/04/2018)?
If so, what is the rationale behind?

Many thanks in advance for any reply.

Best regards
Anna Jaeger

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback concerning UMLS upgrade (note no changes until upgrade complete)

John Graybeal-2
Anna, Hendrik, Keenan, and everyone,

As you may have noticed upon visiting BioPortal this week, we intend to upload version 2020AB of the UMLS ontologies later this week. We trust this will address issues with missing codes, including for COVID, in MedDRA, ICD10CM, and the other UMLS ontologies.

Please note that we are performing this upgrade process during the work week, and it will not be possible to process new submissions or perform other metadata changes until the upgrade is completed. The targeted upgrade completion time is Friday afternoon, and we'll update the banner on the site when it is fully operational.

We will also correct the "Released" date for the 2020AA MedDRA ontology, which I am confident is incorrect even as the ontology is in fact the 2020AA release. (This date in our metadata must be manually updated for each ontology during the release process, and we apparently failed to update it in this case.) Thanks Anna for calling that to our attention.

John

On Jan 5, 2021, at 2:08 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

Name: Anna Jaeger

[hidden email]

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Ffeedback%3Flocation%3Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fbioportal.bioontology.org%25252Fontologies%25252FMEDDRA%25253Fp%25253Dsummary

Feedback:

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am wondering about the current version of MedDRA submission (from September 2020). Are you currently really uploaded the version 2020AA which was released in 2018 (05/04/2018)?
If so, what is the rationale behind?

Many thanks in advance for any reply.

Best regards
Anna Jaeger

Name: dammh

Email: [hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2F

Feedback:

Hello,

we are using the Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities Terminology (MedDRA)
for a Clinical Study. unfortunately the current Version doesnt have COVID as a Term. Is it possible to get the Ontology updated or who would I have to ask about that?

Many thanks and best Regards
Hendrik

Name: Keenan Caddell

Email: [hidden email]

Location: https%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org%2Fontologies%2FICD10CM%3Fp%3Dclasses%26conceptid%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fpurl.bioontology.org%252Fontology%252FICD10CM%252FN18%26jump_to_nav%3Dtrue

Feedback:

Hello, we are currently using the Bioportal API supported by our REDCap team here at Duke. I noticed that for ICD10CM, there was an update that became effective on October 1, 2020, however, some of the new codes from that update are not populating. For instance, N18.31. Can you please let me know if the ontology is fully updated or if there are updates coming soon? Thanks!

[bioontology-support] UMLS upgrade complete

John Graybeal-2
Hello everyone,

We have completed the UMLS upgrade to 2020AB, and the BioPortal system is back to full operations. This should incorporate all COVID terms which were a part of UMLS ontology updates prior to November 2020. (Issues briefly observed with downloading ontologies have also gone away.)

My thanks to the BioPortal team for putting extra effort into bringing the upgrade on-line right after the holiday break, and cleaning up many of our inactive ontologies.

Please email the list with any issues.