[bioontology-support] Bio Portal API not working

[bioontology-support] Bio Portal API not working

Andrew Massengale

Hello,

The Bio Portal API has stopped working. Our API key worked yesterday, but is not working today. Did our API key get invalidated somehow, or is this a problem with the API?

For example, we are trying to hit the following endpoint:

https://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/RADLEX/classes/RID1385?apikey=XXXXX-XXX-XXXXX&include=prefLabel,properties,children

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Andrew M

Andrew Massengale

Senior Software Engineer

(630) 481-1012

Radiological Society of North America
820 Jorie Blvd, Oak Brook, IL 60523
TEL 1-630-571-2670
FAX 1-630-571-7837
RSNA.org

Facebook
Twitter
RSNA 2020 Annual Meeting
November 29th - December 4th
McCormick Place, Chicago

Re: [bioontology-support] Bio Portal API not working

Andrew Massengale

It looks like the issue is intermittent. It appears to be working now, but I was not getting a response after waiting for 5 minutes when testing around 15 minutes ago.

Re: [bioontology-support] Bio Portal API not working

jvendetti
Hello Andrew,

I’ve looked at our monitoring software & log files a bit. The site was indeed sluggish from roughly 8:10 to 8:15AM PST. It appears to have been bot traffic downloading large numbers of ontology source files. We’ve been working on mitigating this issue both in the code and on the IT side on an ongoing basis. Apologies for the inconvenience - the site should be back to normal now.

Jennifer

It looks like the issue is intermittent. It appears to be working now, but I was not getting a response after waiting for 5 minutes when testing around 15 minutes ago.

Re: [bioontology-support] Bio Portal API not working

Andrew Massengale

Thanks Jennifer! Confirmed that things look good on our end as well now.

Thanks!