[bioontology-support] API key?

Joey Geiger
>>Note: All NCBO REST Web services will be required to contain the parameter "apikey=YourApiKey" starting June 2011. The parameter will be added to all Web service calls for the April 27, 2011 release but will not be required until June 2011. To obtain an API key, login to BioPortal and go to "Account" where your API key will be displayed. The addition of the API key replaces the use of the email parameter."

I'm looking at the REST api information for the Resource index and this warning is on the example pages. I created an account for bioportal and I can't find a link for "Account".

There is a link at the top that says "My Account" but when I click it only shows me a form to edit my name, email and phone number.

Is there something I'm missing or should I be looking somewhere else?

Re: [bioontology-support] API key?

Trish Whetzel
Administrator
Hi Joey,

You are looking in the correct location, however the release is now pushed back to next week. After the release, you will be able to get your API key after logging in. This information will be included in the release announcement sent to the bioportal-announce mailing list.

Trish