[bioontology-support] API Access

Rempel, Trevor

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get access to your REST API? Thanks!

Best,

Trevor

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.

Re: [bioontology-support] API Access

Michael Dorf
Hi Trevor,

To access our REST API, you’ll need an API key. The instructions for getting an API key are found on the BioPortal wiki:

Our REST API documentation is located here:

Thanks,

Michael

On Feb 6, 2020, at 3:43 PM, Rempel, Trevor <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get access to your REST API? Thanks!

Best,
Trevor

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.

Re: [bioontology-support] API Access

Rempel, Trevor

Hello Michael,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have been able to get an API key and have been looking through the API documentation, although I am having a bit of trouble trying to parse through a given ontology. Suppose I wanted to parse out the CPT ontology, how would I approach that?

Best,

Trevor

Re: [bioontology-support] API Access

Michael Dorf
Hi Trevor,

I am assuming you mean iterate over classes for a given ontology (parsing an ontology is an internal process and isn’t available via the REST service). To iterate over an ontology, you can call the “classes endpoint”, paging through the classes as you perform your custom logic on them. For example:

etc…until you get to the last page.

Hope this helps.

Michael