[bioontology-support] A question related to visualizing RadLex ontology

[bioontology-support] A question related to visualizing RadLex ontology

Nadin Kökciyan
Hello,

We are currently working on RadLex ontology, and thanks to FlexViz, we can visualise it and explore it better. In RadLex 3.3.3 ontology, i see that there are different relationships defined such as "has part", "has regional part", "member of" etc.. But i can see that we can only visualise "subclass of" relation on FlexViz. Is that intuitive?

Version:          v2.3.5, November 9th, 2010
Operating System: Linux 2.6.32-30-generic
Flash Version:    LNX 10,2,153,1
Flash Parameters: server=&nodeid=&v=2.3.4.1&redirecturl=&virtual=false&ontology=4519
Browser URL:      http://keg.cs.uvic.ca/ncbo/flexviz/FlexoViz.html

Nadin Kökciyan

Re: [bioontology-support] A question related to visualizing RadLex ontology

Ray Fergerson

Just giving you an update. We can reproduce the problem. We agree that this behavior is unintuitive and probably broken. We are in touch with the developer of this software to inquire about the situation. Will get back to you but it will be next week. Thanks for your patience.

Ray

Re: [bioontology-support] A question related to visualizing RadLex ontology

Ray Fergerson

Nadin,

Sorry for the delay. It took a while to track this down. There is a problem in our underlying serialization of terms that causes this issue. It is not at all simply a visualization problem. Our understanding at the moment is that the problem is limited to some situations involving the use of metaclasses in Protégé Frames ontologies. We have created a bug to track this issue. It may take a while to get it fixed though.

Ray