Re: [bioontology-support] display of instances?

Re: [bioontology-support] display of instances?

Jessie Tenenbaum, Ph.D.

Got it- thanks, Trish.
I think the error's use of the term "individual" confused me (vs. your explanation that it's an "instance" and thus can't be browsed.)
btw, this message appeared because I chose the term Affymetrix when it auto-completed in the "Jump To" box. I'm not sure I'd say not to have instances be used for autocomplete b/c certainly it's useful to know that Affymetrix exists within OBI, but it is confusing to choose something that autocompletes and then be told I can't choose that term.

thanks again,
_______________________
Jessica Tenenbaum, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Bioinformatics
Duke Translational Medicine Institute
(919) 668-8811

Trish Whetzel <[hidden email]>

03/30/2011 06:47 PM

Jessica D Tenenbaum <[hidden email]>
cc
"[hidden email] Support" <[hidden email]>
Subject
Re: display of instances?

Hi Jessie,

This is not an error, but a message to indicate that the term can not be browsed through the Web interface. Unlike classes, instances and properties do not yet have their own "Details" page.

Trish

PS - I've cc'd the support mailing list.
You can subscribe to the mailing list at:

OR

Browse existing posts at:
http://www.bioontology.org/bioontology-support-archive (newly added)
or
https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/bioontology-support

Trish

----------------------
Trish Whetzel, PhD
Outreach Coordinator
Ph: 650-721-2378
whetzel@...
http://www.bioontology.org

On Mar 30, 2011, at 12:47 PM, Jessica D Tenenbaum wrote:

Hi Trish-
any ideas regarding this error? (seen when searching for Affymetrix in OBI)
Is there a formal questions email or something that i should send this to instead?

thanks!

-Jessie
Jessica Tenenbaum, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Bioinformatics