Re: [bioontology-support] Ontoportal Virtual Appliance

Re: [bioontology-support] Ontoportal Virtual Appliance

Joseph Padfield

Hi,

I recently saw a presentation of the BioPortal system, by John Graybeal, as part of a Linked Conservation Data meeting in Stanford (https://www.ligatus.org.uk/lcd/meeting/terminology).

As part of the meeting we discussed the potential of gathering together Ontologies, Vocabularies and Thesauri, related to conservation to form a Conservation/Heritage Science portal.

As part of this I would be interested to learn how one might be able to get hold of a copy of the VMWare Virtual Appliance for local testing?

I have not had a chance to explore the actual BioPortal too much yet, so I will try to do that in the next few weeks, but I did not know how long it might take to organise setting up a local copy so I thought I would try to initiate this right away.

Thanks

Joe Padfield

--
Joseph Padfield