Re: [bioontology-support] Consequences of IP address change in OntoPortal 3 virtual machine? (support@ontoportal.org bounce)

John Graybeal-2
Hi Mark,

I'm forwarding your inquiry to [hidden email], which is still our primary support address for the OntoPortal software. (But we may have to forward the other one if we aren't already—it's awfully easy for me to accidentally type the one you used. Did you see it in a particular place?)

When you are in a different networking environment that can definitely affect the setup needed for you Virtual Appliance's networking environment. These things can be subtle, and it's kind of hard to troubleshoot except by trial and error.

There's a lot of specific information at https://ontoportal.github.io/administration/steps/initial_installation/ that you may want to use as a starting point—if that doesn't get you there, we might be able to help over coming hours and days, but we're a bit thin on the ground right now.

I'm also copying our DevOps in case something jumps to mind for him. What version of the Appliance (exactly) are you using?

John

From: "Miller, Mark" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Consequences of IP address change in OntoPortal 3 virtual machine?
Date: August 10, 2020 at 11:34:29 AM EDT