Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Load from URL failure for eNanoMapper

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Load from URL failure for eNanoMapper

Willighagen, Egon (BIGCAT)

Hi BioPortal Support, Janna,

a quick ping. I'm working on resolving the situation, but since this involves old eNanoMapper project partners, it takes a bit of time.

I'm planning a next ontology release this month, and this may involve a new ontology URL.

Egon

--
Hi, do you like citation networks? Already 51% of all citations are available for innovative new uses. Join me in asking the American Chemical Society to join the Initiative for Open Citations too. SpringerNature, the RSC and many others already did. https://www.change.org/p/asking-the-american-chemical-society-to-join-the-initiative-for-open-citations

--
E.L. Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Load from URL failure for eNanoMapper

Michael Dorf
Sounds good, Egon. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,

Michael

PubList: http://www.citeulike.org/user/egonw/tag/papers

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Load from URL failure for eNanoMapper

Willighagen, Egon (BIGCAT)

Dear Michael,

I have update the ontology URL to be based on GitHub (Pages). And I created a new 5.0.2 version via the BioPortal, but (as usual) got an error. But from my past email exchanges, the system should have picked up this proposed release.

For reference, the new URL is http://enanomapper.github.io/ontologies/enanomapper.owl

Grtz,

Egon

--
Hi, do you like citation networks? Already 51% of all citations are available for innovative new uses. Join me in asking the American Chemical Society to join the Initiative for Open Citations too. SpringerNature, the RSC and many others already did. https://www.change.org/p/asking-the-american-chemical-society-to-join-the-initiative-for-open-citations

--
E.L. Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT
Maastricht University (http://www.bigcat.unimaas.nl/)
Homepage: http://egonw.github.com/
Blog: http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @egonwillighagen

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Load from URL failure for eNanoMapper

John Graybeal-2
Egon,

Thank you for taking care of this.  I apologize if my response below doesn't reflect what you have done so far.

I do not see any indication that a new submission has been created to tell the BioPortal system about the new location. To make BioPortal pick up the new location, you will need to click on the + symbol next to the Submissions section title on the Summary page (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ENM), and then change the text under Load from URL to replace the previous location with the new location. (Also change the Version field to the new version number.) Click on Add Submission to complete the entry, and BioPortal will begin processing the content at the new location.

If you have already done this, or this does not produce the expected results, please tell us again exactly what you have done (what you did to create a new version via BioPortal) and what happened as a result (a copy of the error message would be most helpful).

We look forward to having the updated ontology!

John

On Jul 27, 2019, at 8:36 AM, Willighagen, Egon (BIGCAT) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Michael,

I have update the ontology URL to be based on GitHub (Pages). And I created a new 5.0.2 version via the BioPortal, but (as usual) got an error. But from my past email exchanges, the system should have picked up this proposed release.

Grtz,

Egon

--
Hi, do you like citation networks? Already 51% of all citations are available for innovative new uses. Join me in asking the American Chemical Society to join the Initiative for Open Citations too. SpringerNature, the RSC and many others already did. https://www.change.org/p/asking-the-american-chemical-society-to-join-the-initiative-for-open-citations

--
E.L. Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT
Maastricht University (http://www.bigcat.unimaas.nl/)
Homepage: http://egonw.github.com/
Blog: http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @egonwillighagen
PubList: http://www.citeulike.org/user/egonw/tag/papers

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Load from URL failure for eNanoMapper

Willighagen, Egon (BIGCAT)

> I do not see any indication that a new submission has been created to tell the BioPortal system about the new location. To make BioPortal pick up the
> new location, you will need to click on the + symbol next to the Submissions section title on the Summary page (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ENM),
> and then change the text under Load from URL to replace the previous location with the new location. (Also change the Version field to the new version number.)

Yes, I know.

It worked now (well, the submission). The only thing different is that I refrained from updating any other information on that page.

Egon