Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Load from URL failure for Fission Yeast Phenotype Ontology

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Load from URL failure for Fission Yeast Phenotype Ontology

Dr Midori A. Harris
Hello,

On Sat, 8 Feb 2020, [hidden email] wrote:

> BioPortal failed to load Fission Yeast Phenotype Ontology (FYPO) from URL:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pombase/fypo/master/release/fypo.owl.

This URL is correct, and is working for me now. Can you try the BioPortal
load again?

Thank you,
Midori

> Please verify the URL you provided for daily loading of your ontology:
>  1. Make sure you are signed in to BioPortal.
>  2. Navigate to your ontology summary page: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/FYPO.
>  3. Click the "Edit submission information" link.
>  4. In the Location row, verify that you entered a valid URL for daily loading of your ontology in the URL text area.
> If you need further assistance, please contact us via the BioPortal support mailing list.
>
> Thank you,
> The BioPortal Team

Midori A. Harris, PhD
Database Curator, PomBase
Department of Biochemistry
University of Cambridge
Cambridge, UK

Re: [bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Load from URL failure for Fission Yeast Phenotype Ontology

John Graybeal-2
Hello Midori,

Thank you for this note. The system will retry automatically each night, and will only re-import the ontology if it has changed since the last successful import. The lack of an error email indicates the ontology was successfully acceseed by the system.

So, unless the ontology has changed since the successful February 7 upload, everything is operating as it should be.

Please let us know if you still see a concern. Thank you!

John